pick up lines jedi
Learn How to Make Your Own Voldemort Costume
Voldemort is a classic villain. He is mysterious, cruel, and deadly. He also looks cool, and fortunately for you, his costume is not hard to recreate.
Let’s see how you get the elements:
- The Robes: You have to look for a large black robe that buttons across to the right side. Thus, what you wear underneath doesn’t matter. Make a robe similar to that of the Jedi’s, but don’t make the tunic that goes underneath, as Voldemort is not a Jedi.
- The Pants: Then again, the robe pretty much covers everything, so don’t worry much about the pants. Just put on a pair of simple black slacks.
- The Shoes: Voldemort doesn’t wear any shoes, but if you take on a pair of black boots or sneakers that won’t make much difference.
The Face: Instead of using masks, you could try some makeup. There are many masks around that look funny and fake instead of dreadful.
Use a sponge to cover your face in white: this will simulate Voldemort’s pale skin. Add hints of blue to tint the temples, jaw line and a touch under the eyes. Also, apply a bit of red at the corners of the eyes and under the eyes, too. You must blend the red and blue into the white so that the tints of color appear natural.
- The Hair: There is not much to talk about, as Voldemort is bald. The easiest thing to do is getting a bald cap from your local costume shop, or slicking your hair back with gel and keeping the hood of your robe up.
- The Hands: It is true the Rowling writes about the extreme length of Voldemort’s fingers, but you should just apply a set of fake fingernails. Firstly, rubber hand gloves look too artificial; secondly, you cannot pick up or hold anything with them.
Now that the world gained one more Voldemort, I can only hope that the powers of good and evil won’t become unbalanced.
Originally posted 2004-11-01 12:52:43.